FINLAND/INTERNATIONAL. A powerful programme of diverse and expert speakers is taking shape for the seventh Airport Food & Beverage (FAB) Conference, to be held in Helsinki from 20-21 June.
FAB is organised by The Moodie Davitt Report (with sister title The Foodie Report) and will be hosted this year by Finavia Corporation, operator of Helsinki Vantaa Airport.
Topics will range from best practice in airport food & beverage to digital developments and health and wellness; plus insights from the world of F&B design. Case studies and interactive sessions will highlight a range of innovative concepts and chef-led dining experiences.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Finavia Vice President Commercial Services Elena Stenholm
- Concessions International Chief Executive Donata Russell Major
- Dubai Airports Executive Vice President Commercial Eugene Barry
- Sydney Airport General Manager Retail Glyn Williams
- Zürich Airport Head of Commercial Centres Heidi Köpple
- gategroup CEO Xavier Rossinyol
- HMSHost CEO Walter Seib
- HMSHost North America President & CEO Steve Johnson
- SSP CEO Western Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Nordics Nick Inkster
- OTG CEO Rick Blatstein
- HWH Hospitality Investments Chief Executive Officer Talha Al Hashimi
- JHP Joint Managing Director Steve Collis
- Airport Sherpa CEO Patrick DellaValle
- Chef Marko Palovaara of Bistro O Mat in Kirkkonummi, Finland
- Chef Mika Roito of Ravinteli Bertha in Tampere, Finland
The event will be held at the Clarion Hotel in Helsinki. Click here for hotel and conference registration.
A Gala Dinner on 21 June will see the annual FAB Awards recognise and reward best practice in airport food & beverage. Leading travel restaurateur and master concessionaire OTG has been named as a Platinum Partner for FAB 2018.
FAB 2018 will begin with an Opening Lunch on 20 June (preceded by an airport tour), followed by a half-day plenary session and the Opening Cocktail. Day Two will feature a full-day conference, culminating in the Gala Dinner and FAB Awards on 21 June.
FAB, the only industry event dedicated solely to the airport F&B sector, attracts senior representatives from the world’s leading airports, food & beverage concessionaires and brands.
The submission deadline for nominations for the 2018 Airport Food & Beverage (FAB) Awards is b Wednesday 28 March.
The annual awards recognise and reward best practice in airport (and railway station) food & beverage. For more information on awards categories, click here.
Nominations are already flowing in as excitement builds for the airport world’s only event dedicated solely to food & beverage.
The glittering awards ceremony will champion best practices across the global industry. To make a nomination, click here. Entries must relate to businesses that were trading, or campaigns operating by the first quarter of 2018.