Nominations are now being accepted for the eagerly awaited 2019 FAB Awards, which celebrate the best in travel dining worldwide. The awards ceremony will take place during the 2019 Airport Food & Beverage (FAB) Conference & Awards, to be held at The Westin Galleria Hotel in Dallas on 26-27 June. Hotel bookings and conference registration are also now open via the event website: Airportfab.events.
The event, which as announced is hosted by Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, will feature a two-day conference and a glittering awards ceremony that champions best practice across this burgeoning global industry. To view details of the FAB Award categories and/or to nominate entries click here.
This year 17 different categories will be the subject of awards at the Gala Dinner. New awards for 2019 aim to recognise fast-emerging concepts and trends, as well as the critical role of individuals.
These include Airport Smoothie or Juice Bar of the Year and Airport Health-Centred or Vegan Offer of the Year. The much talked-about topic of sustainability will feature in both the conference programme and awards with the Environmental Initiative of the Year award.
In addition to the Team Member of the year award, launched last year, this year we will also recognise Airport Chef of the Year. In recognition of a key aspect of the airport dining market, we also introduce the Family Friendly Food & Beverage Concept of the Year.
The full list appears below. Award nominations close on Friday 5 April.
The Westin Galleria Hotel: High-class venue for this year’s FAB Conference and Awards.
FAB attracts senior representatives from the world’s leading airports, food & beverage concessionaires and brands.
Registration details can also be found on the website, together with information about the conference programme and exciting social calendar. The conference, Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner will take place inside the Dallas Westin Galleria Hotel, situated next to the prestigious Galleria Dallas Shopping Mall. Preferential room rates for FAB delegates at The Westin Galleria Hotel can be booked via the link on the travel page of the dedicated FAB 2019 website.
The Opening Cocktail will be held at The River Ranch in Fort Worth, where we look forward to welcoming delegates for a spectacular evening of true Texan style culture, culinary specialties and entertainment.
The full list of FAB Awards 2019
- Airport Coffee or Tea Shop of the Year
- Airport Smoothie or Juice Bar of the Year (New)
- Airport ‘Food to Go’ of the Year
- Airport Bar of the Year (under 15 million pax/above 15 million pax)
- Airport Wine Bar of the Year
- Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year (under 15 million pax/above 15 million pax)
- Airport Health-Centred or Vegan Offer of the Year (New)
- Airport Food Hall of the Year
- New Food & Beverage Concept of the Year
- F&B Marketing & Promotions Campaign of the Year
- Environmental Initiative of the Year
- Airport F&B Offer Best Reflecting ‘Sense of Place’
- F&B Team Member of the Year
- Airport Chef of the Year (New)
- Outstanding Airport Restaurant Design of the Year
- Airport Family Friendly F&B Concept of the Year (New)
- Airport Food & Beverage Offer of the Year (under 15 million pax/above 15 million pax)
For speaker, programme and logistics details please contact Michael Barrett at Michael@MoodieDavittReport.com.